Sean Combs’ homes are raided as part of a sex trafficking investigation

By | March 26, 2024

Sean “Diddy” Combs at Yardfest at Howard University in 2023 – Credit: Shareif Ziyadat/Getty Images

Officials raided two by Sean Kammena law enforcement source confirmed Monday Rolling stone, as part of a federal sex trafficking investigation. Led by Homeland Security, the raid was carried out just four months after the rap mogul’s ex-girlfriend, singer Cassie, accused Combs of sex trafficking.

Helicopters and officers were seen at Combs’ mansion in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon. Footage from the scene appeared to show several men — later identified as Combs’ sons, Justin and King — being detained and waiting outside the Holmby Hills home. Officials were also present at Combs’ Miami residence. According to NBC News, Combs was in Florida at the time of the raid and officials reportedly seized his phones before the Bad Boy Records executive was scheduled to leave for a trip to the Caribbean.

More from Rolling Stone

A source says Rolling stone four Jane Does and one John Doe already sat for interviews with investigators from the Southern District of New York for an investigation related to alleged sex trafficking, domestic violence and extortion. More interviews are planned, the source said.

“Earlier today, Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) New York conducted law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami and our local law enforcement partners. We will provide further information as it becomes available,” a spokesperson for Homeland Security Investigations said in a statement. Rolling stone has contacted Combs for comment.

Douglas Wigdor, who represents Cassie Ventura and a Jane Doe accuser, said in a statement Rolling stone“We will always support law enforcement in prosecuting those who have broken the law. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a process that will hold Mr. Combs accountable for his depraved behavior.”

Attorney Tyrone Blackburn, who represents two plaintiffs, music producer Rodney Jones and Liza Gardner, says Rolling stone, “About damn time. Sometimes justice delayed is not justice denied, as long as justice is delivered.” Jones sued Combs last month for assault, harassment and failing to compensate him for work on the Grammy-nominated film. The love album. Gardner filed suit in November, alleging that Combs and singer-songwriter Aaron Hall took turns raping her after an Uptown Records event in 1990.

It is not clear whether HSI’s search is related to the allegations made in the several civil lawsuits filed against Combs over the past four months.

“The Southern District of New York is one of the most prestigious in the country. If they bring a case against him, Diddy has a lot on his mind,” said former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani. Rolling stone. “He is in a world of hurt right now.”

R&B singer Cassie filed a bombshell complaint against Combs on November 16, alleging he subjected her to brutal abuse, sex trafficking and rape. In her 35-page filing, which began with a bright red “trigger warning,” Cassie alleged that Combs punched, kicked and “stomped” her and forced her to have drug-fueled intercourse with male sex workers during arrangements he called “freak offs” ‘ mentioned. .” In a statement, Combs’ attorney said the lawsuit was a financial shakedown “riddled with baseless and outrageous lies.” (Diddy reached a private settlement with Cassie a day later.)

A week later, as New York’s Adult Survivors Act expired, two more women stepped forward on Thanksgiving Day with similarly disturbing claims against Combs. The second accuser alleged that Combs drugged and sexually assaulted her when she was a student at Syracuse University in 1991. The woman alleged that Combs filmed the incident and showed the video to others in an act described as “revenge porn.” Through a representative, Combs denied the accusation. “This last-minute lawsuit is an example of how a well-intentioned law can be turned on its head. (This) 32 year old story is fabricated and not credible. Mr. Combs never attacked her, and she involved companies that didn’t exist. This is purely a money grab and nothing more,” the spokesperson said.

The third lawsuit was from Gardner, who said in the lawsuit that she was 16 years old at the time of the alleged assault. She further alleged that a day later, Combs “became enraged and began assaulting and choking her” until she nearly “passed out” because he was afraid she would reveal what happened. “These are fabricated claims that falsely allege misconduct dating back more than 30 years and were filed at the last minute,” a Combs spokesperson said of Gardner’s lawsuit. “This is nothing but a money grab.”

In early December, a fourth accuser alleged that Harve Pierre, Combs’ former Bad Boy president, and a third gang of men raped her at Combs’ recording studio in New York in 2003, when she was 17 years old.

Combs has denied any wrongdoing in both cases. Yet he resigned the chairmanship of his media company Revolt TV last year as more than a dozen companies fled his e-commerce platform. In January, drinks giant Diageo let him go in a private settlement under which Combs will no longer be co-owner of the DeLeón tequila brand and will no longer have any ties to Cîroc vodka.

The best of Rolling Stone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *